It was a crazy week! Logan and Maika both started school. Logan started 4th grade on Tuesday, although it was iffy that she would go. She had been battling a fever for a few days and had some seriously swollen glands in her neck. Just looking at her you could tell she was swollen! She didn't want to miss the first day however, so we let her go. In the meantime I called our Dr's. office and spoke to the advice nurse, she told me we should probably bring her in, so I checked Logan out of school early and took her to the Dr. They did the strep test which came back negative, so he thought it could be a sinus infection, Mono, or just a virus. He gave her some antibiotics just to be safe. That night she had a fever of 104 and the next morning she still had one so she missed school that day. I went and talked to her teacher and got her homework and other assignments so she wouldn't get behind. On Thursday she was feeling better and went to school and now she's ready to be back on schedule! She doesn't like that when she stays home from school she can't play when everyone in the neighborhood gets home:)Maika was so excited to start kindergarten this year! She's been asking
since last year when she got to go to "real" school. She's an October birthday and I think two years of preschool was almost more than she could take! She has a very nice teacher and there are only 17 kids in her class since she is in the afternoon session. She got to go on a tour of the school and got to go "fishing" in her neighborhood. Her teacher had arranged for the other classes to have some sort of snack for them. All in all I think we are going to have a good year!
since last year when she got to go to "real" school. She's an October birthday and I think two years of preschool was almost more than she could take! She has a very nice teacher and there are only 17 kids in her class since she is in the afternoon session. She got to go on a tour of the school and got to go "fishing" in her neighborhood. Her teacher had arranged for the other classes to have some sort of snack for them. All in all I think we are going to have a good year!
7 comments:
Poor Logan! It stinks to be sick --espeically at the beginning of the year. I'm glad she's feeling better. And how cute is Maika?? I'm glad she had a great day. And it's nice that she has a smaller class.
Man that was a bummer for Logan. Both of your girls look so nicely dressed and mature.
I am glad Logan is feeling better. What a bad time to get sick...poor girl! Your girls are such cuties. They look perfect for their first day of school.
Your girls are beautiful. No fun for Logan feeling crummy on the first day of school - glad she's doing better.
Was that picture of Logan taken when she was sick? She is still so pretty even when she is sporting a fever. And Maika looks so grown up. It is amazing how "school clothes" can do that.
I'm glad Logan is doing better, what a good sport! I hope they have a great school year :)
You can't blame a girl for tryin! Your girls look adorable.
Post a Comment