This is what we've been doing with most of our free time this summer. After two years of going to boat shows and looking for the right boat for our family, we finally got this beauty the beginning of June.Growing up near Lake Powell (in my opinion, the best lake on earth!), we spent a lot of time there during the summers. These are some of the happiest memories of my childhood; running down the sand dunes into the water, burning our feet climbing the cliffs to jump into the water, skinny dipping, learning to water ski, watching my grandpa water ski in blue jeans, getting to eat junk food, sleeping in the back of the truck for the ride home. Everything about that place brings happy memories to mind! Mostly of my family spending TIME together!
So, Kelly and I wanted those memories for our family too. We've been able to take lots of friends and family out for fun. We went to Costco and bought a huge 3-man tube, the kids like that. We've also added 3 wake boards and a wake surf board to our little collection of toys. Kelly is getting pretty good at boarding, while the kids and I are still pretty chicken!I've also been pleasantly surprised at how early Kelly can be home from work on those rare, hot days. I think, for our family, a boat has been money well-spent. Even when we are all at home, we are so busy doing our own things that we rarely spend time together. So, having a boat forces us to get out and actually be together! I'm grateful for these memories we are making with each other and our kids!
6 comments:
Everyone loves a friend with a boat.j/k. Those are going to be awesome memories for your kids.
Your girls will definitely have fun memories of boating all summer. And Bronson, what a little trooper!
I love "Big Pimpin"! What a beauty she is!
I enjoyed hearing about your memories of Lake Powell. Your kids will be able to share similiar stories someday!
That's so fun that you have all those special memories of time spent with your family on the lake. And now your making those same kind of memories for you kids!
I spent alot of time boating at Lake Shasta growing up. Such great memories. Your kids will certainly remember it.
How fun! You really are making great memories. And great tans. ;)
Post a Comment