Friday, May 27, 2011

Bono, Edge... Here I Come! I Only Had to Wait 14 Years.


Today, I hold in my hands two tickets to the upcoming U2 concert! I'm so excited! U2 is my all-time favorite band. I remember I was about 12 or so when I got my first U2 album..."The Joshua Tree" My uncle Bob, actually copied it onto a tape for me when we were visiting them in Oklahoma City and I listened to it the entire. way. home. "With or Without You" in my opinion, is still the best song in history!

I regularly try to teach/brainwash my kids that U2 is the best band. ever. They have a little different taste than me, but indulge me occasionally as I taxi them around in the mini-van. Someday they'll learn:)

So, 14 years ago Kelly and I were getting ready celebrate our first anniversary. We had plans...U2 was coming to Salt Lake City. They hadn't been there on tour in years, and I heard they hated it the first time, but were ready to give it another chance. Maybe that was just local folklore...anyway we jumped at the chance.

I was on the phone as soon as tickets went on sale. You see, this was before most things we sold on-line. But we got tickets and planned to go with Kelly's sister, Michelle and her husband Dan. We planned on going until there was a wedding that came up...we gave up our tickets. I still have demons about that, being that we don't see or talk to those people anymore. Definitely not worth giving up U2 tickets for.

Fast forward 7 years. U2's Vertigo tour was going on. This time I was about 8 months pregnant with Nalani so I opted out:)

And now, after last year's concert was cancelled because of Bono's back injury, I was afraid I'd missed my chance:) But, thanks to Craigslist we get to go. What a way to celebrate my 15th anniversary:)

Have I mentioned my love for Craigslist before??




5 comments:

marcia said...

Glad your dream is finally coming true! Did you see Bono on Am Idol last week? He is the best! Have fun and happy anniversary!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

You have waited long enough!!! I remember in High School a guy gave me a mixed tape with "With or Without You" on it. I thought he loved me...actually he just loved the song. Silly me! I have never told that embarrassing detail of my life to anyone.
I hope you have the most amazing time at the concert and that it is everything you hope it to be.

Shay said...

Lucky girl! Hope you guys have a great time!

Darilyn said...

AWESOME!

Tiffiny said...

Yeah! I am so glad you get to go. They put on an AWESOME show! I was 5 months pregnant with Mason when I went but I jumped around anyway! They can get quite political at times during the concert but the music is great and hey, they're U2, what did I expect?