Saturday, April 10, 2010

Funny Faces

Faces have been changing around here for my girls...


The first face that changed was Logan's. She had to get glasses. Doesn't she look cute? Her eyes aren't too bad, but I think she enjoys seeing everything a little more clearly.


The second face to change was Maika's. She had to get braces for her extra jacked-up teeth! This is the start of many years of ortho care for her. The first phase is to widen her jaw, and to correct her over bite and cross bite. She is learning how to eat with her huge bite plate on the bottom (you can't see it, because it's clear), and to take extra good care with brushing. Who wants to see left over PB and J after lunch?

It's probably my fault that Logan needs glasses and Maika has extra jacked-up teeth. I was as blind as a bat before Lasik changed by life, and I spent many hours on the road to Cortez and Durango for ortho care. Just hearing a Def Leopard song takes me right back to my grey Astro Van and Highway 666 (yes, that's the real number!).

The third face to change was Nalani's. She lost her first tooth yesterday. She kind of freaked out for a minute and had some tears. But a few hours later she,

lost her second tooth! I guess she wasn't too scarred:) The Tooth Fairy was extra nice and brought her $10 since she lost her first and second teeth on the same day! Nalani is the earliest loser out of our family so far. Logan and Maika were both well into their Kindergarten year.

This afternoon I took Nalani on a little date to Fred Meyer so she could spend the money that was burning a hole in her pocket. She chose a sparkly purple "Hooptie Loo" (hula hoop) and three packages of bubble gum, which were devoured by the neighborhood as soon as she got home, and she didn't even care:)

So there you have it! The faces may have changed, but they are still cute!

14 comments:

Rochelle said...

They are all so cute! I love the girls new smiles!

Shay said...

Your girls are so cute. I love the new glasses! I had braces for three years, so I can relate to the jacked up teeth thing....so worth it.

Shannon b said...

I love Logan's new glasses! She looks great in them.
And, oh my, braces already! But the good news is, she'll be over and done with braces before high school when everyone else is getting them on. I had braces from age 10-14, so I know how that goes.
Nalani is the cutest! Can't wait to see her tooth gap tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be showing it off to everyone. :)

Darilyn said...

Beautiful girls and Logan does look great in those glasses.

Paige said...

Aw, they all look so cute! And braces already?? I am not ready for that. All my kids will probably need them!

Krista Lou Cook said...

They are so cute!

Marie said...

They all look very cute and I think the glasses make Logan more grown up (just what you want to hear, right?!)

Candy said...

I think you need to add the sweet face of Bronson staying in primary class this week! Love you all and your sweet faces!

Jodi said...

They are all beeeeeeautiful...just like their mama!

Nicole said...

Many changes in your household! Such beautiful girls :)

mizkylie said...

I have to tell you this funny conversation I had with Neilani.
She is so dang cute and talkative, I just adore your family.
She asked me my name and I told her, Kylie.
Her reply was classic, she said. "Is that a Hawaiian name or a Utah name?" LOL
I also adore your Mother in Law, what a sweet lady:)

Tiffiny said...

Cool post! Drew hasn't lost and teeth yet, I'm not sure I'm ready for a big kid like that.

Lisa said...

Your girls look so grown-up! They are so beautiful!

Danelle said...

I can relate to the glasses thing, but I never got braces...I still need them! In fact, I still have one of my baby teeth...and if it ever does come out, I hope the Toothfairy is as generous with me as he/she was with Nalani.

I was so glad when they changed the highway number from 666 to 491. It is scary enough without the added satan aspect.

Beautiful family!