I wish my scanner was working right now! I have a stack of notes from Nalani that I would love to scan in and be able to hold them over her head for years to come.
Most of you know how sweet and darling Nalani is. Her sparkly eyes, her little lisp when she talks, her random hugs. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret though: along with the sugar, spice, and everything nice...this girl got some sassy thrown into her recipe.
This summer in Jackson, I was teasing her about loving the Jonas Brothers...she got so mad at me that she didn't talk to me for two whole hours. I'm not lying! Then in church this last week, I made her get off my lap because she was being too noisy and wiggly. The next thing I know I'm getting notes from her folded up tight. I was expecting something cute...a stick girl with crazy hair and a smiling sun? No. A big heart with an X through it, all in black crayon. Kind of funny. Until you have four or five of them in your collection.
This morning she got in trouble for answering the phone and being rude while I was on the phone. More notes. More black X'd out hearts. What am I gonna do with this girl? It's a good thing she's so cute and sweet the majority of the time:) And, this is fair warning to everyone out there...you don't want to get on her bad side. Believe me, I've been there and it's hard work getting back in her good graces.
16 comments:
Boy, that girl knows how to get her point across, doesn't she? ;)
Ah, the black heart with an X through it. Very nice. Mine were usually in purple (Emma's favorite color)the black is a nice touch.
she is so cute!!!
That is so cute, and very creative I might add! Max got mad at me once and called me "Mommy Poo-poo!" I couldn't help but laugh.
I'm laughing so hard! Maybe it's still from the shock of it all. What's happening to sweet Nalani? I love it!
Whatever will she be like as a teenager!
I'm so glad I was there to witness the Jonus Brothers story. That will be one to remember, "Mom...Shut...up!"
Funny Nalani! You should take a picture of one of her black heart creations and post it on the blog!
Oh Nalani..you are so cute. I think all kids would like to send a note like that to their moms at some point in time. The note is better than some things I hear kids tell their parents. ouch. Those will be funny notes to show her sometime.
You have to admit...it is kinda funny! Save those so that when she is a teenager you can send them back to her;).
Love ya all!
Jennie K.
How culd you ever get mad at that face? You at least got notes this time - the silent treatment is no fun ;)
I am loving the black heart with the X through it! Something to think about...I'm thinking there are some times when I might use this one on Bryan! Hahaha! So funny! What a cute girl you have! I totally think you should scan a few of them for posterity!
P.S. Loving your previous headband post! Totally 100% agree!!! So funny! Even funnier when you see an adult sporting a "much too large" flower!
I LOVE it!!! She is too adorable :)
Hey Aundrea,
My mom was trying to make a comment on your blog and couldn't figure it out! So I told her I would do it (to save us both some time :))
She was wanting your mom's address to send her my brother's wedding invitation. Would you mind emailing it to her? Her email is jns1705@aol.com! Thanks Aundrea! Hope you're doing okay!
Haha! I agree that you should save those for when she is a teenager! That would be too much fun!
You need to scan those and show them to her future boyfriends...
Post a Comment