Thursday, September 3, 2009

How do you say?

Is there a nice way of telling people that the bow/flower/head band/combination of all three on their new born baby girl's head is too freakin' big? Or am I just waaayy out of style? When Logan was born I was forbidden by Kelly to stick anything but a tiny bow made out of tiny ribbon on her head. I must have converted to his way of thinking 'cause as far as my opinion goes, things are just getting out of hand...

Now that my girls are bigger and actually have hair I like to put flowers and ribbons and such in it, but their heads are bigger too....lots bigger than the flowers adorning them! Just sayin'.

10 comments:

Jodi said...

You make me giggle...and snort. Just sayin' :)

Chelsea said...

I have seen them...proportions, people! I bought the brain squeezers for Tessa, but I just couldn't do it.

Aundrea said...

For real, I loved them on Tresa but they were well proportions!

Kayela said...

I am so with you on that. I hate big ginormous hair things on bald little babies.

Tiffini said...

I am all about the proportions too. My babies have big heads so Mallory could get away with a little bit bigger...but I never liked them when she was brand new.

melandriley said...

I have to agree. I usually don't put anything in Sarah's hair, but if I do it is a small bow.

Shay said...

I LOVE the big bows....and you will probably see some on top of my little baby's head! BUT the combination of the 3 on top of a little head is um...a little too much. I think some parents are a little overzealous when it comes to style.

Jenni said...

Hey Aundrea, long time no talk! :) So, it's been a while since I take a peak at blogs and I really need to look at yours more b/c the first post I read, I laugh at. Because it's totally true. What is up with the big bows, I think they are ugly. And it takes away from the adorable baby!
We live in Hawaii now (for 2 years) so you guys need come and visit while we're here! :)

Darilyn said...

Big bows, no good.

Tiffiny said...

Hilarious. I vowed never to subject my girls to bows and headbands as babies, even when they were constantly mistaken for boys. I'm just not that into them myself.