There have been a lot of people choosing words to live by for the year. So I'm going to too. The word that kept coming to my mind was Soft. There are a lot of reasons I need to work on being soft. Here's part of the list:
Using a soft tone of voice, especially when talking to my husband and children.
"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."
Proverbs 15:1
Softening my heart, so I will be more open to the Spirit and not miss out on the really important things in life.
Being a soft place for my family and friends to fall. I want my home to be a peaceful place that people will want to gather.
Now that I have this written down, I'll be held accountable to it, be reminded of my goal to live a softer 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Great word/goal. Soft is what I see when I look at you in our group photos form the retreat. Well, exept for the herkie! :)
I really like this one, Aundrea. And I love how it touches on several parts of your life.
In such a 'hard' world--we could all use a little more 'softness'.
When you told me this one I was really impressed - it is great word and one we could all do more of:)
Hmmmmm, if I started talking to Shawn and the kids in a soft voice they would seriously wonder what was wrong with me!
No, seriously I love this goal and I think it's something I could definitely work on too.
Very good! I love it...I may have to do this too! Soft is a great word! Soft is how hard you should hit Rochelle for her post yesterday! :)
Bronson is the most adorable Indi! I love the one of him in his carseat asleep with the hat on...Easton did this same thing only it was Peter Pan! We went EVERYWHERE with him and that dang green hat with the red feather!
AND...don't believe a word of what Rochelle is feeding you! I specifically told her to do "what she felt was the right thing to do"... ~And next year I want to go on that trip! It looked so fun!
Very thoughtful! Heaven knows I know I could use this in my life as well!
Great choice, Aundrea. I love how you described it and put it into perspective, too.
Your entry really touched my heart. Thank you for the inspiration. Sometimes we just need little reminder from our fun blogging buddies...Thank you!
I love the word SOFT! It feels like something not only internal, that one could work on, but something physical. Does that make sense? Anyway, great goal. Love ya.
Nice word...you already are soft...Your home is soft, your voice is a lot softer than mine...and you are too nice to your husband already :) We love you guys!
That's a great word! I really need to work on that! Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment