The last few weeks have been...interesting! All four of the kids have been sick at some point. Logan missed the whole last week of school because of a nasty cough. She lucked out and her teacher said not to worry about the homework she missed because it was the end of the term. She came home with a report card of all E's and M's (Exceeds and Meets expectations) so I guess she didn't miss much:)
I was happy to have her home. She is so good with the "babies". Bronson just adores her! Which brings us to the title. Bronson was the most sick, with a high fever and what seemed to be ear aches. I would scoop him up in my arms and say, "oh, poor baby." He would get irritated and come back with, "I not a baby! I Bronson!" So, I guess our family is officially out of the baby stage. Whoo hoo! Now we just need to get him out of diapers.
Speaking of diapers, Nalani is finally completely dry at night. I just have to make sure to take her potty before I go to bed and she's good. She's so proud of herself, and I'm happy to save the diaper for Bronson:)
Next to get sick were Maika and Nalani. Mostly with just coughs, but I kept them home from school Tuesday and Wednesday just to be safe. By this time my cup was pretty empty and I think for sanity's sake Maika begged me to let her go to school today, I was happy to oblige!
I took a HOT bubble bath the other night with my new favorite Bath and Body Works scent, Mandarin Lime, and miraculously my cup began to fill. I felt like I could face another day dealing with sick kids and even get a blog in:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Sorry the kids have been sick but I'm glad you were able to get a HOT bubble bath in! Mandarin Lime sounds perfect! I'll have to try it. Hope everyone is on the mend and that life gets back to normal soon :)
I am sorry everybody has been sick. All three of us were sick for two weeks...it is not fun. I hope everything is getting back to normal. You are such a good Mommy. I have missed your blog...so I am glad you're back!
I'm sorry that everyone has been so sick. That really bites. Glad you found something to help you relax, though! That bubble bath scent sounds divine!
Having a house full of sick people is not fun. I'm glad you were able to rejuvenate a little.
Sorry you kids have been sick. I will have to try that sent. Hope your kids start feeling better.
4 sick kids are enough to drain anybody!!! You needed a break and were very much entitled to it! That's great Nalani stays dry at night, I wish Cameron would.
Sick kids are no fun. Asa missed 3 days of school with the flu. I am glad we got that over with before the baby comes. 13 more days.
I'm still officially in baby mode. I just asked Hannah if she was my baby or my big girl. She says she's my baby. I guess for a few more weeks at least. I hope all of your kids get well soon and that you and Kelly can keep healthy.
That's rough! I hope you don't get it now that everyone else is feeling better! :(
Sick kids are no fun! Everyone at my house has been passing this cold/cough flu bug around for a week now...and here I am the last to get it! Hope you don't get it...it's no fun!
Sorry you have been surounded by sickies. Having big sister home is really helpful. I hope you are able to avoid the sickness.
Tough week! I'm glad you were able to get through it! And isn't it the best thing ever when you only have one in diapers? Ahhhh, I remember those days!
I am glad they are feeling better - I remember when Autumn did not want to be the baby anyomre - it is a nice stage to be in - hope the next week brings more blogging time I have missed you!
Girl we should come kidnap you and take you our for a pedicure or something! A week of sick kids is NO fun at all.
I *love* that fragrance too, one of my favorites! I could spend a $100 easily in that store they have so much good stuff!
Hope everyone is feeling better :)
Hope you are all feeling better now. I think that if the kid doesn't want to be a baby anymore he better get himself potty trained. Too bad that won't work. Good luck!
If the weather would warm up we would all feel better! That bubble bath sounds like a great idea.
P.S. I like your word - I could stand to be a little softer sometimes myself.
Hi Aundrea, it's Laici from Blanding, Jesse's age. I had to laugh at your post, not because you have 4 sick kids, but because my little girl says that exact same phrase, over and over! She gets seriously upset if I call her a baby, or anything really, other than Jacelyn. So sorry about all the sick kids. Take plenty of bubble baths and hang in there! :) (How is Jesse anyway?)
Aundrea, we have missed you in the blogging world...I hope you and your family are doing ok.
Post a Comment