Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beach Retreat

We had our second annual Book Club at the Beach last weekend. It was so much fun! We stayed up way too late (or early, for that matter) talking and laughing and eating treats. Most of the night was spent by candle light or flashlight because the power was off until 2 am.
Darilyn and I scared Jodi and Rochelle to death! They were happily talking the wee morning hours away in their bedroom when their world's were rocked! Darilyn crawled into their room unbeknown to them and popped up suddenly, mid-sentence... Followed by jumping, screaming, tears for fears, (Jodi and Rochelle) and uncontrollable, hysterical laughter (the rest of us). Man, I wish I would have been able to video the whole thing! We were a tiny bit worried during the planning stages that we could send Jodi into labor. Our fears were put to ease when we realized we had Krista, the new RN with us and she could probably handle birthing a child:)
The picture below was their WEAK retaliation. They froze both of my bras, dipped 'em in water and stuck 'em in the freezer. Hard as rocks by the time I found them! I had just bought a new one that day because I melted my old one in the dryer during the week. The early risers figured they were mine, purely by looking at the size...let's just say I'm not nearly as well-endowed as my friends:)

This is me during our walk on the beach. I was channeling my past-life as a cheerleader, trying to do a "herkie". The next morning I could NOT figure out why my butt muscles were hurting so bad. Then it hit me that I haven't even thought about doing a "herkie"since 1992. Oh well, it was more fun being a cheerleader this weekend than I ever had during my Sophomore year of high school. That was the year a lot of my friends were cheerleaders and told me it would be "so much fun!" It wasn't. Can you imagine me wanting to stand in front of the crowds in a little skirt, jumping around with a huge smile on my face all the time? How about fist pumping, head bobbing or jazz hands? Me neither.

Can't wait until next time!

15 comments:

Lisa said...

I love girl time, and there's nothing better than a good scare! Looks like you all had fun!

Rochelle said...

I need to say nothing on my post, you said it all and with great humor might I add!

Krista Lou Cook said...

That is great. I can picture it all over again. I am glad you corrected the terminology with herkie. Instead of Rochelle's "That Russian Jump thing".

Darilyn said...

That picture of you jumping is the best. I love it. Thanks for blogging about this. It made me laugh all over again.

Tiffini said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

melandriley said...

Too bad about the bras. I bet it was a little uncomfortable wearing ice cubes on your chest. Looks like fun.

Nicole said...

Those will be some great memories to remember!! I love that they froze your bra!

KerrieLeigh said...

Sounds like so much fun. The frozen bra is so funny!

Jodi said...

Weak attempt??? I think NOT ;)
This was THE BEST weekend (besides my strained stomach muscles from being startled out of bed at 4am!) Can't wait till next year :)

Shay said...

Oh come on Aundrea! It is so much fun being a cheerleader! Please....! Great herkie by the way!

Amber said...

You and your scare tactics! After that, I do have to agree that the bra freezing was weak. But funny. Like really funny.

Rochelle said...

Serioulsy, your just asking for major paybacks when you say how week our retaliation was.
Sleep with one eye open girl friend, one eye open.

Merilee said...

Love the bra shot and of course the "herkie"!

Anonymous said...

Totally laughing about the bra! And the image of poor Rochelle and Jodi's faces as you scared them :) Would have loved to see that! Glad you had so much fun.

Chelsea said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I bet you had some serious "diamond cutters" after wearing that bra. Miss ya!